Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy Birthday, St. Therese!

I do not know what it is, but the kids go back to school and I am like a caged bird set free! All the chores and tasks that were to be accomplished have only gotten started. Instead I find myself doing things that I do not NEED to do. However, it all has led me to recall that today is St. Therese's birthday. And I must acknowledge that before I go to try to do all my "little" things with great speed.

St. Therese has played a very pivotal role in my healing, in the raising of my girls, and in many local women's lives. So I give her thanks and ask her not to send real roses our way, but to drop rose petals of specific virtues to each one of us from Heaven! I thank God for her today and for all she does for so many souls.

She found the way to holiness to be simply the offering of every act purely for the love of God. She began to learn this early with her string of Sacrifice Beads. As a group of wonderful women around here have done, I pass on to you a link to see some nicely handmade ones. You can find them here. And lastly here is a link for directions to make them with your children or grandchildren, or for yourself.

St. Therese, pray for us!
Especially me who needs to get back to her little work!
God love ya!

2 comments:

ClassicBecky said...

Thank you for the links! I will definitely check them out. I love your little tribute to St. Therese, particularly the way you described what she can do for us: "... drop rose petals of specific virtues to each one of us from Heaven!" I pray that this happens in my life too.

Susan said...

Thanks. I appreciate your positive feedback. We have at ourarish a statue of St. Therese. It is on a shelf up high above the door. I sometimes stop and ask her to drop petals of virtue on me and on those I pray for. I love her and her little way. If only I would embrace it fully! God help me, too.