Saturday, January 5, 2013

Feed me, Will ya?

"The first end I propose in our daily work is to do the will of God; 

secondly, to do it in the manner he wills it; 

and thirdly to do it because it is his will."

– St. Elizabeth Ann Seton 

 

I read recently that the great Saints have one thing in common, they focused on doing the will of God in each passing moment. They found Him in the present moment and therefore served Him there and found heaven on earth. In John 4:34, Jesus said to his disciples, "My food is to do the will of the one who sent me and to finish his work." The soul's food is to do God's will. It satisfies and refreshes and leads us to Him. I think this is why the Saints thrive on doing the will of God found in the present moment, for he is the One who satisfies.

 

1 comment:

ClassicBecky said...

I love the way St. Elizabeth Ann Seton just says it like it is, says it 3 times, and doesn't let us get away with anything! It's His will, so do it the way He wants because He wants it! Wonderful! Something for all of us to remember when we start to over-analyze our faith, don't you think? I do!