Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

God sure blesses our priests with the right words to speak to our hearts! I could not begin to restate the motivational and encouraging words of our deacon today. But I desire to try to pass on the message.

Before I pass that on I invite you, with the Church, to pray for priests. The spiritual role we have for them is essential. You will see in the link. They need us. Back to today's homily...

Deacon's messages were great. The part I got was this: the reality of God becoming Man is not limited to one day, but is a call for each of us to accept Christ to rest in the manger of our souls, especially by receiving him frequently in Holy Eucharist. We must let this Babe lie and rest in our hearts. We only have our weak selves to give Him. But this is where we find Him...in our poverty. It is the only way He becomes King of our lives.  And possibly He became poor in order to seek His one treasure-- our souls.

One prayer offered in the new missal by St. Thomas Aquinas is his prayer before Mass. It asks God to "enrich my poverty." Why? Why would we want to have more poverty? So our souls' only treasure is God. 

Keep the Incarnation alive in your lives daily, every year, all year.

Keep each other in prayer.

1 comment:

ClassicBecky said...

Susan, what a lovely article for this most blessed of times. I was particularly moved by the concept of enrichment of poverty. I remember the Sisters in school and their wisdom about what we need to do to become one with God. It was always the complete opposite of what the world tells us to do. I've never forgotten that, and struggle to keep myself reminded of that most important tenet of our faith when things are difficult.

I found your blog through a comment you left on Catholic Woman's Advent piece. I too have started a blog about our faith, and am hoping to meet others who can share and discuss our writings about God and the Church. My blog is called Journey of a 21st Century Catholic. As I say in the title, I write with devotion and humor. I hope you will come by so that we may perhaps become blog friends. I don't know if the link will work in a comment section, but here it is: www.catholicbrainwork.blogspot.com